Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
The medical profession is one of the most well-known and respectable careers in the world. Though becoming a doctor is a highly competitive exercise, it is worth the time, effort, and commitment. Therefore, if you have skills in biology with a passion to acquire an in-depth understanding of the human body, this is the right profession for you. In this article, we have explored the benefits of the MBChB degree.
Do you want to study medicine abroad? Read on!
What Type of Degree is MBChB Degree?
MBChB degree is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree, also referred to as MBBS in many countries. It is a five-year course for undergraduate students to build a foundation in medical sciences and surgical processes.
After completing this graduate degree, medical students can pursue a career in many sectors, including clinical medicine, academia, research, public health, etc. You can enter specialties, including oncology, cardiology, psychological medicine, pediatrics, pathology, surgery, general practice, pathology, etc.
Details of MBChB Degree
After completing school in India, many wish to pursue medicine but the path to becoming a doctor is strewn with challenges – the reason why aspirants started training their sights on medical colleges abroad. In this line, completing an MBChB degree at a medical school in Zambia stands out as a good option.
Here are key details of the MBChB degree:
MBChB is a 5-year program, and here are the skills you will acquire.
- In the first year, you can learn about the basics of human anatomy, medical biochemistry, applied physiology, general microbiology, immunology, behavioral sciences, etc.
- In the second year, you master the concepts of pathology, neurosciences, microbiology, therapeutics, pharmacology, etc.
- In the third year, your course includes surgery, gynecology, internal medicine, pediatrics, etc.
- In the fourth year, you understand community medicine, forensics, mental health, etc.
- The final year includes more about surgery, gynecology, internal medicine, and pediatrics.
After completing the MBChB degree, you can opt for the following specializations:
- General medicine
- General surgery
Every medical school in Zambia has different requirements for admission for an MBChB degree, but here are some common elements:
- High school with physics, biology, chemistry, and math. Here mathematics can be optional.
- Clearing the NEET exam in India.
- Achieving proficiency scores, including IELTS, etc.
- A series of necessary skillsets, such as communication and problem-solving skills, etc.
Benefits of Pursuing MBChB Degree from Medical School in Zambia
Pursuing an MBChB degree after high school is a valuable option for people wishing to study medicine abroad in the future. We have explained these benefits below. Have a look:
1. Comprehensive Knowledge
If you love learning about the human system, then the MBChB degree is the best choice for you. During these five years, you receive comprehensive knowledge of the human body, its functioning, the brain, lungs, kidneys, and all related aspects.
Through these years, you would learn about the heart and explore the feeling of touching a human heart for the fight time.
This education basically creates a foundation for future learning. It is the first requirement to becoming a doctor, and hence you gain a comprehensive overview of the human body in these five years.
2. Job Security
Completing an MBChB degree expands job scope, and provides job stability and security. Medical services will always be in demand, the pandemic situation being an example. Therefore, if there’s one career that is characterized by service-mindedness, and guarantees career security and a high salary, then it is the medical profession. This means completing an MBChB degree helps you take the first step towards career security.
3. Better Research Prospects
Medicine has been constantly evolving! We were able to develop the COVID-19 vaccine in a few months because of this transformation in medicine.
Ideally, the source of this transformation is partly research and partly technology. Without research in this field, we would not have treatment for many diseases and vaccines for many other irreparable illnesses like polio.
With an MBChB degree, you can establish a basis for research in any field. This degree truly opens up research prospects to promote your career. For example, research leads to finding cures for deadly diseases like cancer or HIV. For instance, research helped find a cure for COVID-19.
4. Career Progress
One of the best advantages of an MBChB degree is the ability to enter many fields. If you don’t wish to become a physician, you can become a surgeon. If you don’t want to be both, then there’s research and academia.
There are other opportunities as well, such as public health, public policy, government policymaker, etc. In fields related to medicine, the experience of a doctor is well appreciated.
5. Continuous Learning Environment
We all know that we cannot learn everything in the five years of the course, and in fact, there will be a lot to learn even after 10 years into our career. This is because as technologies evolve, and medical breakthroughs are made consistently. Hence, medical career will prove to be an exciting career. If at any point you want to switch fields and move from surgery to research, you can do it. Many MBChB graduates pursue research along with other full-time jobs.
6. Market Value
As an MBChB graduate, your job market value improves. You are in a position to pursue medicine abroad or complete your education in different countries. With the help of this degree, you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to positively influence several communities.
Complete MBChB Degree with Texila American University: Study Medicine Abroad
Can you complete Doctor of Medicine abroad? Is it possible to pursue an MBChB degree in Zambia? Where to study medicine?
Texila American University (TAU) is a leading, widely-known institution offering medical courses to aspirants in Zambia. The MBChB degree program by TAU is a 5-year course designed to train future doctors for the dynamic world. The degree includes a comprehensive overview of knowledge in medical sciences and the human system.
Due to the balanced approach adopted by TAU, students are able to integrate in their learning, promotive, preventive, rehabilitative, and curative healthcare in community or primary healthcare settings.
What are the benefits of completing an MBChB degree from TAU?
- The learning outcomes help you understand the legal responsibilities of the role, promote disease prevention, diagnose patients carefully and accurately, receive in-depth clinical skills, develop strong decision-making abilities, and deeply explore research methodology.
- After completion of the course, you can pursue a career as a public health professional, general physician, forensic medical examiner, etc.
- On completion, you receive a valid degree equipping you to pursue a career in medicine, as a surgeon or physician, in Zambia.
- A levels in biology, physics, mathematics, and chemistry
- Diploma or Associate Degree in Health Science Program
MBChB degree is imperative for any individual aiming at pursuing a career in medicine. Without this postgraduate degree, you may not be able to take up clinical practice. Hence, reflect on the details of the program discussed here, consider its benefits, evaluate the admission criteria, and enroll for TAU’s MBChB degree. Register now for the course on TAU’s website.