In our modern era, it is essential to understand parenting’s role as you play a significant in shaping your children’s behaviors and attitudes. Staying involved in their child’s day-to-day actions and monitoring their regular activities will help resist the use of substances and drugs. This webinar is organized for teenagers and parents to provide them with insights into the roles and responsibilities to prevent substance abuse among adults.
Topic: Substance Abuse Among Adolescents: What Role Should Parents Play
Date: 4th December 2020
Time: 15:30 hrs to 16:30 hrs (CAT)
1) Learn to be involved in your child’s activities and help them understand the consequences of substance use.
2) Get to know the tips on how to respond to the signs of a child’s drug abuse and work accordingly in prior.
3) Understand the reasons behind why do youths use substances and take preventive measures to avoid them.
Name: Mr. Pierre Birori
Organization: Research Officer, Lusaka Provincial Health Office.
About the Speaker
Pierre Birori is Motivated Public Health Scientist and Health Care Provider with broad experience in both community and facility based health care service delivery for more than 10 years. Pierre has been working with different partners including CSOs, FBOs, youth and women, private, international/local partners and other government agencies. Pierre is a Research Officer at Lusaka Provincial Health Office. Pierre has worked as a Registered Mental Health Nurse in both Rwanda and Zambia (Psychiatric hospitals) and also as a trainer of trainers under the Mental Health and Counselling Services training unit of the Ministry of Health in Zambia. Pierre has also worked as Project Coordinator, Mental Health Users Network of Zambia (MHUNZA).
Pierre holds a:
- BSc (hon.) Degree in Professional Health Studies (international), Major in Evidence Based Practice, Minor in Health Promotion, from Teesside University, School of Health & Social Care, Centuria Building, Middlesbrough, Tees Valley TS1 3BA, United Kingdom Adv. Dip. In Mental Health Nursing at Kigali Health Institute, Kigali, Rwanda.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Health Professionals Educators Training (Medscholars Programme) from University of Zambia.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Psychosocial Disability from National University of Ireland, Centre for Disability Law and Policy, Institute for Lifecourse and Society, Galway, Ireland
- Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Abuse Management from Ministry of Health and UNODC, Lusaka, Zambia