We offer a state-of-the-art clinical skills (simulation) laboratory that enables students to practice patient care. Our simulation-based learning approach is grounded in learning theories and allows students to gain experience by applying their knowledge in a safe and secure environment. The simulation-based approach is grounded in our own ethical practice and we ensure that students master nursing procedures before practicing on live patients.
- Enhances critical thinking and decision making
- Enhances clinical competence
- Promotes evidence-based decision making
- Promotes student empowerment in a clinical setting
- Facilitates debriefing and student feedback to enhance learning
Anatomy, Histology and Embryology Laboratory
Our anatomy laboratory is designed to help students gain some in-depth knowledge of the human anatomy. This laboratory is an excellent place for observing various modern human anatomy models, charts, embryology models and histology slides. The anatomy lab is fully air-conditioned and is also complete with firefighting equipment, and a high-end waste disposal mechanism. The lab also has virtual learning capability using 3D software and audio-visual platforms.
- 20 models of the skeletal system
- Model skulls with detachable bones
- Cadaver dissection facility
- Models of different organ systems
Plot No: 37605, KPTF Office Park, Lake Road, Lusaka, Zambia.