Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
From a business perspective, four types of resources exist, natural resources (land/infrastructure), human resources, capital resources, and entrepreneurship. The Human resource drives all other resources and ensures achieving optimal productivity. In Master of Business Administration (MBA), HR Management has a broader scope.
This blog post explores MBA in Human Resource Management (HRM) from an HR expert’s perspective and the reasons to study HRM.
To sustain in the competitive business world of today, acquiring an MBA gives you an edge over your counterparts. Having an MBA degree can help you play versatile roles such as Marketing Manager, Sales Manager, HR Manager, Finance Advisor, Business Analyst, Investment Banker, Business Development Manager, Project Manager, etc.
Moreover, graduates from any discipline can study MBA with a specialization that enhances career opportunities in their respective arena. Notably, an MBA in Human Resource Management offers a plethora of advantages.
What is MBA in Human Resource Management?
Enhancing organization productivity is an essential parameter for any business. The Human Resource Manager plays a vital role in strengthening productivity. HRM applies principles, methods, and technology of the Human Resource domain in making the workplace productive.
Various focus areas in the HRM are:
- Recruitment and Staffing Process
- Salaries & Perks
- Training & Empowerment
- Handling Labor Laws & Employee Relationship
- Organizational development
Based on your organization’s size, use one or many focus areas of HRM.
Roles & Responsibilities in Human Resources Discipline
Essential roles and responsibilities of the Human Resource department are:
- Carry out Talent Acquisition
- Address Employee Grievances
- Roll out training and employee empowerment programs
- Test Employee performance and Apprise
- Solve gender issues through Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) Cell
- Groom employees by identifying their strength and weakness
Progressive Developments in the HR Department
Human Resource Management has transformed into a more strategic role and not a mere administrative job. With the rapid adoption of technology, HRM managers can showcase skills like:
- Understand business strategies
- Have an understanding of business drivers
- Develop strategies for effective approval of transactions, budgets, and various financial activities
- Have suitable employee engagement methods and harness them to adapt to changing organizational environment
Is HRM Qualification Mandatory to work as Human Resource Manager?
HRM experts feel having an HRM degree will give you an advantage for playing the role of Human Resource Manager. But, other qualifications like Psychology or Business Administration degrees also help. Moreover, Having competencies and skills for understanding human nature is key to success.
Are you Passionate about Working in the HRM arena?
Before you pursue an MBA in Human Resource Management, ask yourself whether you are passionate about working in the HRM roles? If your inner voice tells “I Love Working with People,” then you can go ahead pursuing this career.
HRM is all about bridging a connection between employees and the organization by playing a balancing act. It is all about understanding what is happening in the organization and the marketplace and developing innovative strategies that benefit your organization. Besides, You have an essential role to unleash hidden talents in your employees.
Key Qualities of an HRM Specialists
HR Experts list out important qualities an HRM specialist should have:
- Problem-solving abilities
With automation, machines and computers are doing many tasks. An HRM specialist should have skills that devices cannot deliver. Skills of analysis, evaluation, and creating innovative ideas are essential.
- Collaborating skills
As we live in a globally interconnected environment being adaptable to a multicultural environment is essential. Therefore, fluency in many languages and understanding different cultures is critical.
- Having Social Intelligence
As the world is embracing Artificial Intelligence and Automation is happening in all fields. HRM specialists have a definite role in understanding emotions and social aspects that are hard for a computer to understand. So, Social Intelligence is vital for an HRM specialist.
- Being Creative
Having Creativity in every discipline is mandatory, and HRM roles aren’t an exception. As an HRM, you have to develop innovative ideas and novel working methods to ensure your organization stands out from the crowd.
- Abreast with Modern Digital Media
Social Media blogs, videos, podcasts, infographics, whitepapers, case studies, and e-mail campaigns all play vital roles in building your organization’s brand reputation. As an HR generalist, you should know about modern-day digital media.
In a nutshell, today’s HR generalists should have a ‘T’ shaped skillset, i.e., mastery of one domain and general awareness of others.
What are the Challenges in the HR Sphere
As an HR manager, you can always make a difference in an individual’s life. Also, you can bring about well-appreciated policy changes in the organization that motivates everyone. A small piece of your advice can inspire an employee to pursue and grow to greater heights in their career. The sense of satisfaction is immense in HR roles.
Benefits of Pursuing an MBA Degree
As an MBA graduate, you feel confident and are better marketable than others in the job market. Here are important benefits of having an MBA Degree:
- Well Equipped to Understand Global Markets
- Mastery in Communication Skills
- Bigger Professional Networks
- Better Time Management Skills
- Improved Job Opportunities
What are the benefits of studying Human Resource Management?
The Benefits of studying Human Resource Management are:
- Improved Proficiency
- Develop Universal Relevance
- Better Promotion Prospects
- Job Security
- Better Personnel Management Skills
- Have Job Satisfaction
How is MBA Help Working Professionals?
Not all will have the opportunity to pursue higher education full time. Family commitments and financial constraints force many of you to take up a job either full-time or part-time. However, your inner desire to pursue An Master of Business Administration comes true with the Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Part-Time offered by Texila American University at their Zambia campus.
The MBA at TAU Zambia equips and prepares students to meet the emerging needs of global business challenges. The eligibility criteria for this course is Bachelors’s degree from any recognized university in any discipline. Here are the key features of this course:
- The Course duration is 2 Years
- Selection happens on academic, personal, and extra-curricular abilities.
- Assessing each student based on educational background, intended course of study, and age.
- Assessment of physical, intellectual, and emotional capabilities.
Disciplines in MBA
MBA at TAU offers the following streams:
- General Management
- Human Resource Management
- Banking and Insurance Management
Advantages of studying MBA @ TAU
- Gain an extensive network of professionals from across the globe
- Flexible Online delivery on par with the on-campus mode of study
- Interactive curriculum with Block based learning modules
- International degree
- A plethora of opportunities to explore as a professional
Career Growth Opportunities on Completing MBA
Pursuing MBA from TAU, Zambia provides plenty of lucrative career avenues. Explore meaningful careers or job opportunities
- Risk Management positions
- Finance Managerial positions
- Investment Bankers
- Marketing Managers
- Business Consultants Roles
- Management Analysts Positions
- Human Resource Manager Roles
- Information and Systems Manager
Furthermore, those of you keen on pursuing higher education can explore various disciplines like:
- Course in Financial Analysis
- Project Management Course
- Study of Information Systems
- Study of Risk Management Assurance
- Acquire Production and Inventory Management skills
Also, you can Pursue a PhD in the Management domain after acquiring a Master of Business Administration from TAU.
Pursuing a Master of Business Administration is the dream of many young graduates like you. But the time and financial constraints force you to take up jobs. The MBA for working professionals in online mode from Texila American University should help you to acquire Business Administration higher qualifications. Also, many youngsters are keen on taking up Human Resource Management roles, and this blog post has explored the Reasons to Study Human Resource Management. The requirements to study Human Resource Management, challenges, and opportunities for HRM specialists from an HR expert’s perspective.