M.Sc. Project Management programme aims to provide optimum practical and theoretical knowledge related to Business administration that is sufficient to earn a living and contribute to the economic development of Zambia.
- Qualification from any recognized body with a level equivalent to a bachelor’s qualification.
- Diploma (2 years) from a recognized institution and to possess 10 years of work experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience as a manager or a team leader position.
Structure of the program
|1||MSC1111||Principles of Management & Organisation Behaviour||19|
|2||MSC1113||Advanced Business Accounting & Financial Management||19|
|MSC1114||Marketing Principles and Practice||19|
|MSC1116||Business Research Methods & Statistics||19|
|4||MSP2111||Project Management Information System||19|
|MSP2112||Project Monitoring, Control and Evaluation||19|
|5||MSP2113||Organizational Practices In Project Management||19|
|MSP2114||Project Risk Management||19|
|6||MSC2115||Research Publication in Journals/e-conference||48|
|MSC2116||Project work Dissertation & Defense||48|
Credit System: One credit represents 10 notional hours of learning. This learning includes classroom, supervised and self-directed hours, assessment time, workplace training, assignment writing, online learning and fieldwork. A normal year of fulltime study (including contact hours and self-directed hours) is 1200 hours (120 credits). Any variation in hours from this requires specific justification. Similarly, any variation from 120 ZQF credits in one fulltime year requires specific justification. Credit units shall not be used for awarding qualifications under the ZQF.
Students applying to M.Sc Project Management program at TAU Zambia campus are selected on the basis of their academic, personal, and extracurricular abilities. Each student will be assessed based on the educational background, age, and intended course of study. Additionally, students must have the intellectual, physical, and emotional capacities to meet the requirements of a successful career in their respective fields.
Please provide details below and we will mail you the details for Tuition Fees and Scholarships.
What Do You Gain?
- Formulate an integrative business project through the application of multidisciplinary knowledge
- Describe the function of marketing, the strategic marketing process, consumer behavior, and how marketing contributes to organizational growth and customer value.
- Familiar with current digital technologies and Information Technology (IT) management trends.
- Employ effective cross-cultural communication
- Skills to generate novel and value-creating products, processes, or organizational forms
- Communicate logically constructed and relevant oral and written arguments and information
- Demonstrate awareness of economic, environmental, political, legal, and regulatory contexts of global business practice
- Employ financial decision models to select appropriate projects for a business enterprise and manage firm growth through strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, international expansion, and new venture development.
- Learners able to apply resource optimization by understanding various costs
- Define the key elements needed to measure and report on project scope, schedule, and cost performance
- Outline the development of information systems in knowledge areas of Project Management
- Total 16 weeks in the Trimester (2 courses per trimester)
- 4 Modules Per Course, 3 Units per Module & 6 (5-7) Chapters in each Unit = (4*3*6)= 72 Chapters
- Instructional hours through University Campus: Per course 14 hours (2hrs x 1days x 7 weeks)
- Suggestive Lecture Duration: 1 Module in two Classes (2 hrs per class/ per week)
(Live Lectures – Other than Lusaka Students will receive the transmission of the weekly lectures at the Facility Centre or LMS platform (as per the availability) and shall also have the privilege to join at TAU Campus for any ongoing class at their convenience)
Academic Delivery and Assessment
- On-Campus program is delivered in Semester pattern and On-line mode of program is delivered in Trimester/Block pattern.
|Assessment per Course||Weightage|
|3 MCQ Tests for each Module. |
Total Module – 4
|Final Exam (50 MCQ)||60%|
Why Choose Us?
- Uniquely Designed Learning Methodology
- Outcome Based Academic Delivery
- Continuous Academic Support
- Enhanced Learning Management Systems
- Technology Enabled Services
- Dedicated learning of one subject at a time, focuses on more immersed learning
- Capstone Project, promote integrated learning and understand the connections between various subjects
- Article review promote critical thinking and analytical skills among the learners
- Contextual Project Work, gives an opportunity to the students to relate what is being taught into the context of the real world, and thus eliminating the questions of “Why do I need to learn this stuff?”
Many opportunities exist in the expansive field of Project Management nationally and globally.
- Project Manager
- Program Manager
- Project Consultant
- Business operations manager.