Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
The educational qualification you need to become a project manager is an MSc Project Management from an institute of repute. Business managers and engineers do it part-time by joining a relevant online course. Project management is getting more complex, but the good news is that there are excellent tools to simplify tasks. You will learn about these tools in the program. The demand for project management professionals is high. Before joining an online program, check your aptitude. It should be enough if you understand the basics of manipulating numbers and have a graduate degree.
Salary levels are excellent and assure career growth if you are willing to upgrade your qualifications. Texila American University (TAU-ZM) is a leading institution that offers a Master of Science in Project Management thru its distance learning programs. The university follows a simple online admission process. For complete information, read below or send a message to the university.
- MSc in Project Management, Guide for Aspiring Project Managers
MSc in Project Management, Guide for Aspiring Project Managers
If you are interested in honing your qualifications to become a project management specialist, this is for you. If you have a job and aspire to acquire specialist education in project management, you should consider doing a Master of Science in Project Management. If you can’t leave your present job and join a business school, don’t worry, you can still do it. Business managers and engineers opt to do it part-time through Project Management Courses Online.
The only educational qualification you need is a bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Online Management Courses offer great flexibility for learners. In addition to saving money, students can study at their own pace. Learners don’t have to travel to the college campus daily, making it possible to stay with their present employer and continue gaining experience.
Master of Science in Project Management – In Smart Steps
If you join the right university, MSc in Project Management is not hard to learn online. If you are committed to mastering the skills required to become a project manager, take the plunge immediately. Project management is a blend of hard skills related to risk management, budgeting, planning a schedule, and tracking progress smartly. To succeed as a project manager, you must be a good communicator, an intelligent leader, and an expert in managing time.
To study Master of Science in Project Management, you need some essential qualities. Students intending to do Online Management Courses must be prepared to acquire self-learning skills. Project management is getting more complex, but the good news is that there are excellent tools to simplify tasks. You will learn about these tools in the Online Management Courses.
Job Opportunities for MSc Project Management Part-time Students
Project management professionals are in great demand nationally and internationally. The salary levels are excellent and assure Career growth for those willing to upgrade their knowledge and implement them in employers’ projects.
According to Indeed.Com, the average salary of a Project Manager is $80,295. Working as a project manager includes:
- Free insurance cover.
- Relocation assistance.
- A flexible working schedule.
- Work-from-home benefits.
Plum jobs will allow you to travel to an international destination. You can combine your career and explore the world. Generally, project managers report that they can manage family and profession well.
Is a Project Management Fit Profession for you? Self Evaluation
Before joining any Project Management Online course, check if you are fit for the role before you decide.
- If you are skilled in crafting a project plan, this is for you. You will spend a lot of time meeting people, exchanging ideas, and interviewing potential associates. You should therefore have good soft skills to be successful.
- On paper, you should be able to write plans, and work-progress reports, make estimates, define realistic timelines, identify resources and create briefs for the management.
- Project managers have to deal with multiple stakeholders. It can be an investor, a board of directors, an angel fund agency, a vendor, or a savvy business owner. It means the project managers must be self-confident people capable of instilling confidence in others.
- Project managers must be good team leaders who understand workers’ psychology best. They should appreciate those who report to them and precisely match tasks to subordinates.
- Project managers must be polite, self-composed, and diplomatic in dealing with others. They expect to be relaxed and comfortable even under highly stressed circumstances. This profession is not for those who are habitual procrastinators.
- Project management is all about delegating the right task to the right person and getting the work done by the individual. The manager should therefore have good technical knowledge and experience.
- Project managers should have a natural trait that doesn’t fear experimenting and accepting challenges. They expect to foresee risks and checkmate them before it happens. A sound understanding of labor laws will be an added advantage.
One of the most frequently asked questions to aspiring candidates is, “are you good at math for joining a project manager program?” The answer is not necessarily you have to be a genius mathematician. If you are reasonably good at math, joining the MSc in Project Management program is alright. It should be enough if you understand the basics of preparing a budget and can manipulate numbers.
Understanding the Master of Science in Project Management Curriculum
MSc in Project Management is a fountainhead of knowledge designed to make aspiring project managers an epitome of practical and theoretical knowledge in bringing plans to life. It is primarily an administrative job. The usual course duration for MSc Project Management Part-time is two years.
In the first year, you will learn:
1. Principles of Management & Organizational Behavior
2. Managerial Economics
3. Advanced Business Accounting & Financial Management
4. Marketing Principles and Practice
5. Capstone Project
6. Strategic Management
7. Business Research Methods & Statistics
In the second year, you will learn:
1. Project Management Information System
2. Project Monitoring, Control, and Evaluation
3. Capstone Project
4. Organizational Practices In Project Management
5. Project Risk Management
6. Research Publication in Journals/e-conference
7. Project work Dissertation & Defense
The Objective of the Curriculum is to make the students wholesome project managers who can handle projects of any size. They can guide a team and report to the management with confidence. Here is a list of skilling they will acquire upon completing the Project Management Course Online.
- Initiate and ideate projects and set the process up and running
- Formulate budgets and avoid cost overruns
- Guide the organization in formulating marketing strategies
- Be fully conversant with project implementation and management principles
- Feel comfortable with using the latest digital tools and IT products
- Implement sustainable good company culture and practices
- Create value for financial investments made
- Handle mergers, acquisitions, and expansions and comply with regulations
- Joining an MSc Project Management Part-time Program
You are your best guide when you make a self-evaluation of your aptitude. Delaying is not for project managers. It is for you to decide how fit you are for the responsibilities you are about to shoulder. If your answer is “I can” in the self-evaluation process, join an online project management program.
TAU-ZM is a leading institution that has helped shape the career path of many students in business and management. The university follows a simple online admission process. The university will decide on your application based on your past academic performance, personal traits, aptitude, and your participation in extracurricular activities. They will also consider your age, physical health, emotional intelligence, and personality.
International students prefer TAU for the following reasons.
- The online teaching method is unique and friendly to learners
- Emphasis is on quality education delivery
- Multi-level academic support and high-intensity coaching
- Technology focused curriculum regularly updated
- Capstone project and interlinked subjects
- Context-related projects and activities for learners
TAU-ZM is a storehouse of unique learning opportunities for the savviest learners. You will benefit from the university’s vast resources, which include e-conference facilities, e-journals, publications, an LMS portal for upgrading knowledge, and the Texila Digipedia database.
Apply for MSc Project Management Part-time Program today itself and shape your career strategy.