Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
Texila American University Lusaka, Zambia conducted a Seminar for school teachers at its Zambia Campus. The event was held on 6th May 2017.
The topic for a seminar was “Current Trends in ICT enabled Teaching Methodologies”.
Approximately 6 ‘O’ level Schools Principals, senior teacher’s participated in this national level Seminar.
The Chief Guest who was invited for this seminar was Mr Mahuba. W.H. Hazemba, Principal Education Officer (Primary), Ministry of General Education. The Deputy Vice Chancellor of the Texila American University, Mr Ajay Kumar Poddar also took part in the seminar.
The guests and the participants were welcomed with bouquets and mementos. The welcome address was given by the Deputy Vice Chancellor of TAU, in his speech he said that, there are lots of prospects waiting for the Zambian youth, however: Zambian’s should be ready with proper skills and knowledge to grab the opportunity.
- Presentation on 21st Century pedagogies and strategies was explained by Dr.Kishor Adhikari, Associate Professor
- Introduction to ICT Tools (E- Connect, Digipedia, E-Conferences, and E-Journals) was demonstrated by the Program Coordinator, Dr. M. Sathish Kumar.
- Demonstration on Learning Management Systems (Moodle) was handled by Mr.S.B.Karthickeyan and Team Lead – Student Affairs of TAU
- In the open forum section the participants discussed about challenges and gave solutions too.
Feed Back from the Chief Guest
The Chief Guest, Mr Mahuba lauded the effort of the university to bring such a high level of infrastructure and education to the Zambian and world community. He urged the teachers to equip themselves with ICT enabled practices which must be passed to our children and youth in the national interest.
Benefits of Participation:
- Certificate of participation.
- Free E-learning course of Teachers Development Program for all participants and e-learning courses delivered by Texila-eLearning which is e-learning division of TAU Group.