Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
The bachelor of business administration course online is one of the most sought-after business programs that one can opt for if he/she intends to succeed in the business world.
The values associated with the program are not merely educational purposes like STEM disciplines but also practical skills that will aid you beyond your career.
A bachelor’s in business administration degree, better known as a BBA degree, is a complete package, which will provide the knowledge and skills required to solve challenges and bring innovative solutions to the business sector.
So, if you fancy business strategies and find the business world to be viable candidates for your career, a business administration degree is the one for you.
Whether you are a student looking to get a Bachelor’s in business administration degree or a professional who has a few years under your belt, sitting on the fence, you have come to the right place.
This article discusses the various career aspects one has with a BBA degree and how invaluable it can be for a business career.
But before we begin, let us consider what makes for an ideal business and administration candidate so that you can assess if you are a right fit for this dynamic field of business and management.
Qualities of an Ideal Business Professional
Apart from leadership and good managerial skills, there are various other skills that one has to possess to be an ideal business professional. Let us look at some of them here.
Ambition and Drive
Aspirants should be ambitious and a strong drive to succeed. The business sector is dynamic and often unforgiving, so having these qualities would improve their chances of success.
Reliability and Dependability
Being a reliable and dependable individual is one of the most sought-after qualities that one can have in the business sector. These qualities improve your credibility and attract more individuals and organizations to your cause.
Analytical and Decision-Making
It’s evident that decision-making skills are core values one should possess. However, when it comes to business, every decision is taken on a general level, which affects the organization. Not to mention it is also up for scrutiny by anyone, which adds more pressure. So, one also needs to possess good analytical and deduction skills to make factually accurate and sound decisions that will be better accepted.
Time Management and Punctuality
Time is precious in the business world one should have excellent time management skills and punctuality to carry out prompt moves that can effectively and efficiently impact your organization’s goals.
Intellect and Integrity
A role in the business sector also requires candidates to possess good intellect for making functional changes and decisions and integrity to maintain a good reputation and recognition for the organization in which one is placed.
Confidence is the key to business professionals who are actively involved in meeting new professionals and proposing grand ideas to the management. Aspirants are expected to exhume confidence in their capacities in order to be a trustworthy individual.
If you are one of those individuals who possess these qualities, you are an excellent candidate to pursue a BBA degree. However, don’t worry if you miss out on one or more characteristics listed above. You will cultivate these foundational skills during your course.
And with that cleared up, here are some of the well-paying careers one can pursue after graduating BBA degree program:
- Business Analyst
Business analysts study how a company operates and meets its goals conducting research and analyzing data to develop their knowledge and suggest methods for improving their processes and practices.
An average business analyst makes around 72,200 GHS annually.
- Human Resource Manager
Human resource managers are the supervisors of the human resource department. who are responsible for the HR team’s function and metrics. who act as the bridge that connects the management with the employees.
They serve as a mediator and effective overseers of the employees. And have a variety of tasks, from consultation to hiring.
An average human resource professional makes around 57,500 GHS annually.
- Finance Manager
Finance managers are in charge of planning and distribution of the financial resources of the company. They are also tasked with evaluation, budgeting, and managing the finances and assets of the organization. The finance manager also plays a vital role in providing insights and financial advice to the board to help them make better decisions.
An average finance manager makes around 119,000 GHS yearly.
- Business Consultant
Business consultants are passive members of the organization who are involved in various organizations. They provide their expertise to various organizations and companies to improve their process, sales, and services. They primarily go over multiple data points and formulate a viable suggestion to rectify shortcomings and meet annual goals.
An average management consultant makes around 66,200 GHS annually.
- Research and Development Manager
A research and development manager performs several critical roles within an organization. They are responsible for research, planning, and implementing new programs and protocols into their company or organization and overseeing new products.
An average research and development manager makes around 75,900 GHS annually.
- Marketing Manager
The marketing manager’s duties include compiling, analyzing, and tracking advertising campaigns’ performance, managing the operational budget, and ensuring that all marketing material aligns with our brand identity.
An average marketing manager makes around 68,200 GHS annually.
- Information Systems Manager
An information system manager is a crucial part of any company in recent times. They are in charge of all the organization’s technology needs, be it the routine day to day changes to implementing new and innovative technology as part of the work culture. They also oversee budgets and meet the hardware and software demands of the company. An average IT manager makes around 61,100 GHS annually.
Is it appealing, right? Better yet, one can pursue the course in numerous ways, full-time part-time, and even online, which has been a popular choice for many. These options, especially the Bachelor of Business Administration Course Online, make the program more accessible and safer for a larger audience, especially during this pandemic, where safety is paramount.
Consider Pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration Course Online?
With so much going on since the COVID-19 pandemic, the world has been in disarray, and Ghana is no exception. Many are looking to support themselves and their family in these challenging times, which only makes pursuing a bachelor of business administration course online an attractive proposition.
So, why else should you consider pursuing a bachelor of business administration course online? Well, pursuing a bachelor of business administration course online has various other underrated benefits such as;
- Lower Cost of Study: Pursuing a bachelor of business administration course online will be less expensive than traditional classes due to reduced course cost, travel, accommodation, and other amenities not being part of your educational budget.
- Retain Your Job: One of the main reasons you should strongly consider pursuing a bachelor of business administration course online is that you will be able to retain your position or look for a new one. No one will not require you to attend full-time classes.
- Better Learning Experience: You might be surprised to learn that pursuing a bachelor of business administration course online can serve as a better learning experience than traditional classes. This phenomenon is because studies are more personal, and there is more support to students than a regular class.
- Flexible Learning: One of the lesser-known advantages of pursuing a bachelor of business administration course online is the adjustable learning phase one can take advantage of.
- First Choice for Business Owners: Pursuing a bachelor of business administration course online is also an excellent choice for business owners or entrepreneurs who wish to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge without going through the elaborate process.
Careers and Opportunities after a BBA Degree
Graduating with a BBA degree isn’t the end of your education pathway or career growth, as you can further add to your qualification by pursuing an MBA degree with a desired area of specialization. In turn, this specialization opens up new career pathways that you can avail and expand your career.
One of the biggest pet peeves of a business degree is the variety of industries to find employment. Here are some of the polished areas where a BBA degree graduate can look for works are:
- Educational Institutes
- Marketing Organizations
- Business Consultancies
- Financial Organizations
- Multinational Companies
- NGO and Medical corporations
- Export Companies
- Software and technology companies
A business administration degree offers some of the career aspects for any individual to grow indefinitely, and the options for employment are limitless, and there is something for everyone.
Best University to Pursue a Bachelor of Business Administration Course Online
Texila American University (Texila) offers a bachelor of business administration course online designed to provide a solid administration and management base. One of the most coveted business management programs opens up a new world of opportunities for graduates in the business sector.
- The program helps students learn the coeval theories and best practices in managing businesses, operating small businesses, and even non-profit organizations.
- It cultivates sound fiscal practices by dissecting financial statements and discovering accounting procedures to ensure efficient managerial decision-making skills.
- The program is designed to focus on self-directed study. Contents are typically uploaded in LMS (Learning Management Systems), which gives a high level of flexibility for the student to learn modules in their leisure time. The system is highly student-centric and motivates the level of self-directed study.
- Article reviews are a crucial part of the program intended to help the students develop their learning ability and enhance their knowledge.
- Every student is supported by a team of mentors, faculty, and moderators who ensure that students get the program’s best learning experience.
With that, we now hope that you understand the career aspects of a BBA degree and hopefully inspired to pursue one yourself. Good luck!