Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
- What Is Information Technology?
- IT Governance
- IT Infrastructure
- IT Operations and Functionality
- The Jobs available with a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Computer Systems Consultant
- Manager of Computer and Information Systems
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator
- Building Networks
- Training, Expertise, And Hard Work
- Database Administrators
- Software Developers
Completing a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology leads to many top career opportunities such as technology-related jobs including programming, networking, and other IT tasks.
No matter how much experience you have in information technology or how much academic training you need to advance your career, earning your bachelor of science in information technology course is a great way to set yourself up for long-term success.
You will gain the foundational knowledge and skills to land an entry-level IT role.
Consequently, you can build a reputation as a trustworthy IT professional.
In this post, we will discuss some of the common jobs for IT graduates. In addition, we will discuss typical responsibilities, job outlooks, and salaries for each position. Lastly, we will review the reasons for studying information technology. Learn about the benefits of an online degree and how to choose an IT school.
What Is Information Technology?
Many people think IT departments only install software or fix broken hardware. IT departments are important to the operations of most companies. Employees in IT departments have their responsibilities.
It will be necessary to purchase specific hardware and software for use in the company. Therefore, IT departments will need someone skilled in to support those efforts. Several IT personnel support various technologies that employees rely on every day.
In an IT department, the following roles typically fall to individuals:
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology graduates ensure the smooth functioning of an organization’s systems and architecture. Policies typically include information about technology, IT security, and data assurance by employees.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology graduates set up hardware and maintain networks. They can handle software tools and servers.
IT Operations and Functionality
These professionals perform day-to-day maintenance operations and tech support. Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program can develop and secure data. In addition, they can support software management and monitor technology applications.
The Jobs available with a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree
Job opportunities in IT are numerous and varied. BLS reports that bachelor’s degree holders can pursue a variety of careers. These professionals include computer network architects, programmers, database administrators, and security analysts.
At Texila American University, the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology prepares students for careers in the same field. Some examples are:
Computer Systems Analysts
- Overview: Analysing user requirements, processes, and challenges help improve an organization’s computer systems.
- Education Requirements: A bachelor’s degree is typically required.
- Job Prospects: 7% between 2020 and 2030, based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Computer And Information Systems Managers
- Overview: Coordinate and manage information systems, analysis, and computer programming.
- Education Requirements: Undergraduate degrees are typically required.
- Career Prospects: According to the BLS, job growth will be 11% by 2030.
Computer Systems Consultant
- Overview: In contrast to IT support specialists, who generally provide IT assistance to end-users. Computer consultants help companies implement and optimize their computer networks and systems.
- Education Requirements: The majority of consultants have a bachelor’s degree.
- Job Prospects: the BLS predicts 9% growth between 2020 and 2030.
- Potential IT Jobs With A Bachelor Of Science In Information Technology
Manager of Computer and Information Systems
- The IT manager is responsible for managing computer systems and networks.
- A network administrator’s primary responsibility is to identify an organization’s network needs.
- The administrator will also implement systems that will help it achieve these goals.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, these occupations will grow by 12% by 2026. The growth rate is greater than most other professions.
Network and Computer Systems Administrator
- Administrators oversee the operation of IT systems on a day-to-day basis.
- A typical network administrator’s duties include monitoring and maintaining an organization’s network systems.
- It is accomplished by reviewing the business demands and installing the system. Administrators maintain that system by tracking its performance and performing maintenance operations.
- By 2026, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 415,300 jobs in this field.
- Computer network engineers design, plan, implement and monitor computer networks.
A Bachelor of Science in Information Technology course prepares you to develop the entire network. A series of networks may need to be optimized to improve performance and reliability. A network engineer must be able to build LAN, GAN, intranets, and extranets. In addition to foundational knowledge, you also need to know how to test and manage bandwidth. Network engineers with a bachelor of science in information technology must acquire hardware components and equipment to maintain a computer network.
Training, Expertise, And Hard Work
Achieving success in this field will require training and expertise in hardware. You will troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues. You might design and deploy new networking solutions. Depending on the needs of the network, it may require a significant amount of creativity. As a network engineer, you probably need a degree or some experience related to the field. A network engineer may also need additional networking certifications, such as:
SolarWinds Certified Professional
Fortunately, Texila’s bachelor of science in information technology is excellent preparation for various IT certifications.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology students specialize in database administration. Employees in this position maintain business records, including payroll and shipping records. The database administrator must also ensure that all users can access and protect this information. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates an 11% growth in database administration jobs between 2016 and 2026.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Science in an Information Technology program, work as a software developer. A large portion of information technology involves physical systems, computers, and networks. However, software plays an important role as well. Developers design software that companies rely on to improve their efficiency and effectiveness. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that software developers will be in high demand by 2026 by 24%.
Business Systems Analyst Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program work as a business systems analyst. Business and technology departments will be able to work together to resolve problems.
Many people think IT departments only install software or fix broken hardware. IT Departments are important to the operations of most companies. Employees in IT departments have their responsibilities.— Texila American University – Zambia (@TexilaZambiaa) May 26, 2022
Read more: https://t.co/wEAKkldXbx#IT #Zambia #TexilaAmericanUniversity pic.twitter.com/3acHXrFWvj