Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
Project Managers are in demand across all the spheres to successfully lead teams to achieve a particular task within the constraints of scope, time, and budget. A bachelor’s or master’s degree in project management offers specialization in Project Business Analysis, Leadership, Analytics, Agile Project Management, Construction Management, Organizational Communication or Leading and Managing Technical Projects. TAU’s MSc project management is a two-year program; upon completion, you can discover jobs in various sectors as project manager, program manager, portfolio manager or COO/director. A diploma or a bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience is required to join the master’s program.
Leading a team to achieve a particular task within the constraints of scope, time, and budget is the chief responsibility of project management. A project is a temporary endeavor to design and develop a unique product. So, Project Managers are in demand across all the spheres. As a result, Project Management courses offered as Bachelor’s and Master’s programs across the globe are also many sought-after programs in recent times.
This blog post is a definitive guide on what is a project management course? Benefits of project management course and requirements or prerequisites to pursue a project management course.
Project Management Courses Overview
Project Management and Project Managers are vital components of the modern-day workplace. Moreover, by 2027 more than 2.2 million project-related jobs are open to grab. PMP alone will not help you to obtain all the skills required for a Project Manager. However, existing project leaders can acquire the skills necessary for Project Management through PMP certifications.
In this context, Bachelor degree in Project Management and Masters in Project Management courses are gaining importance and acceptance across the globe.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Project Management helps you cultivate critical project management skills like cultural awareness, interpersonal conflict management, leading remote teams, etc.
Project Management Course Benefits
Project Management course offers a wide array of benefits to students:
- Help to hone Project Management skills for Real-World scenario
- Cultivate cost estimation, quality assurance, and scheduling skills.
- Offers experiential learning opportunities with real-world, hands-on exposure.
- Ability to Identify key project management trends
- Acquiring digital skills is vital for the modern workforce, and these skills help remote management of teams.
- As teams are working remotely, understanding Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning methods is key to success.
- Cultivate skills for senior management roles
- Can take up a senior project management role
- Skills to manage larger teams
- Competency to handle more significant projects
- Develop specialization in Project Management
By earning a Bachelors or Masters degree in Project Management, students can choose a specialization of their choice like:
- Project Business Analysis
- Agile Project Management
- Construction Management
- Organizational Communication
- Leading and Managing Technical Projects
An Increased Demand for Project Managers
As organizations in all spheres have a project-driven process to accomplish the tasks, Project Managers are in huge demand. According to PMI, employers need to recruit 2.2 Million project-related jobs by 2027. As existing project managers retire, the demand for middle-level employees to upskill and occupy Project Manager roles is evident.
According to PMI, the openings in project related work in the various sectors for the period 2017 to 2027:
- Manufacturing and Construction- 9.7 Million
- Finance and Insurance – 4.6 Million
- Information services and publishing – 5.5 million
- Management and professional services – 1.7 million
- Utilities – 279,000
- Oil and Gas – 49,000
Why Project Management at Texila
Texila American University (TAU) offers a master’s degree in project management. The course is 2 years long with 13 subjects and culminating with a project and dissertation. The TAU courses have unique advantages like:
- Well structured Training methodology
- Outcome-based learning system
- Best-in-class Learning Management System
- Continuous academic support
- Focus on one-to-one learning with immersive learning features
- Capstone project work and Contextual project work to expose students to real-world-challenges
Choose your Project Management Career Track
Project Management has various challenging positions. The career track in Project Management positions helps students to play different roles. Here we have listed how Project Management aspirants progress to multiple roles in an organization.
- Project Manager: In this role, managers apply the right tools and methods to complete a task or project by using the right balance of resources and work available by considering time and budget constraints.
- Program Manager: Further, a Project Manager gets promoted to handle a group of projects called a program. As a Program Manager, you take up the role of concurrently managing multiple projects. Also, a Program Manager analyzes the business benefits of a program and oversees the dependencies existing between various projects.
- Portfolio Manager: A Portfolio is a collection of Projects and Programs grouped to achieve strategic business goals. A Portfolio Manager oversees the centralized management of one or more Portfolios. This role demands huge responsibility, and thus, Portfolio Managers have to have a vast amount of experience and expertise.
- Senior Executive Roles as COO or Director: Portfolio Managers get promoted as Chief Operating Officer or Director of Project Management Office. A PMO director takes a leadership role in setting and maintaining standards for projects throughout the company.
Who Should Apply?
To take up Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, a Bachelor’s degree or diploma with work experience is mandatory.
- If you have a Bachelor’s degree, 4500 Hours of Project Management work experience is mandatory.
- On having a Diploma degree, you will need to have 7500 hours of Project Management experience.
But you can pursue a graduation course in Project Management with +2 schooling and earn a Master’s degree in Project Management from various universities.
So if you are a fresh graduate or student who has passed +2 exams and is willing to take up career roles in Project Management, definitely a Bachelors or Masters degree in Project Management is one of the better options.
In a nutshell, whether you are in construction management, project execution, project, program, or portfolio management, earning a Project Management degree is ideal.
Career Opportunities for Project Management Graduates
As a Project Management Graduate, you can take up various challenging roles in multiple spheres of industries. Here are salient roles you can take up:
- Business planning analyst
- Project manager
- Project management analyst
- Quality management project coordinator
- Master scheduler
- Computer and information systems manager
- Industrial production manager
This blog post aims to educate the Bachelor’s degrees holders on various factors in pursuing a project management course, benefits, requirements, and prerequisites. The skills that you can learn while studying for a master’s in project management will help you in the future roles you take.
Become a Project Manager
A master’s degree in project management at Texila can prepare you to take on the additional responsibility in your organization and increase your career as a project manager.