Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
Health is the well-being of humankind without being interrupted by any disorder or disease mentally or physically. Communities should enhance health standards. WHOs studies reflect many people are affected with HIV, malarial infection, etc. To create awareness of well-being in people various private and government organizations and educational institutions are putting in efforts to improve the quality of education in public health. TAU is one of the leading universities providing bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. in Occupational Health and Safety. Explore job opportunities in government organizations, construction, manufacturing units, consulting services or local, state, or private hospitals, etc. Get to work in industrial hygiene or health physics, accident prevention in hospitals, advocate occupational health and safety for various groups of society, etc
Health is defined as the proper well-being of humankind without being interrupted by any disorder or disease; be it mentally or physically. Henceforth, it has become an important factor for any community to make serious efforts toward health. According to an epidemiological study done in Africa by World Health Organization (WHO), people are dealing with certain health issues such as HIV- AIDS (60% of the people), Leprosy (less than 1 case per 10,000 people), malarial diseases (More than 90% of the estimated 300–500 million malaria cases that occur worldwide every year are in Africans), etc. and to maintain the high state of awareness among population various private and governmental sectors are giving their valuable inputs to serve the nation in various forms. Hence, along with them, various educational organizations are also giving their efforts in providing high educational qualifications in such sectors to greater minds.
Occupational Health Specialist is one of the programs provided by educational sectors to serve humankind. Hence, it has become a great opportunity for students who want to pursue their career in public health degrees whether bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. programs.
Various positions for health specialists in AFRICA
- Occupational Safety and Health Specialists
- Occupational Safety and Health Technicians
- Occupational Safety and Health Specialists and Technicians
- Industrial Hygienist
- Health Physicist
- Environmental protection officer
- Fire Engineers
- Health and Safety Engineers
- Environmental scientists and Specialists
- Construction and Building Inspectors
The work profile for these positions is provided from time to time by various divisions or sectors of society such as governmental organizations, construction places, manufacturing units, people dealing with management, scientific and technical consulting services along with hospitals located in local, state, or at private levels.
Occupational Safety and Health Specialists’ job role is to:
- Check the efficacy of the work environment
- Whether the work station is following complete rules or regulations to conduct hazardous work
- Create paperwork or reporting of the agencies or their workspace
- Complete awareness of health in the industries and hospitals
- Commute with the workers and design the structure or space for working professionals
- Provide proper counseling on the use of equipment
- Inquire about prior incidents and accidents so that they could be prevented
- Educate the population on the prevention and maintenance of the safety level
Bachelor’s degree is a must for pursuing Occupational Health and Safety Specialist. This degree provides the students with fundamentals and laws to be followed for maintaining proper health; be it legal or ethical. It provides basic knowledge of safety and health in various fields.
Masters’ degree and Ph.D. degree as a specialization needed for Occupational Health and Safety Specialist in posts like industrial hygiene or health physics, accident prevention in hospitals, and the role of occupational health specialist in writing and communication for various groups of society.
- Minimum of 5 years by many employers
- As a fresher, one can also enter after getting the appropriate training in the required field and by applying to certain posts.
- One should have an appropriate idea about basic technologies related to the field to make considerable profits for an organization.
- Must have the potential to handle complex and strategic works.
- Good communication skills to get in touch with employers as sometimes they need to give instructions and various tips to the working professionals.
- The complete orientation of details is to be provided as they need to comply with varied roles and responsibilities with them.
- Must have the strong physical stamina to travel around for a certain period of time.
- Must have handling and problem-solving skills to prevent workers from varied environmental and working issues.
Career aspects and role of Occupational Health and Specialist include industries such as environmental organizations, pharmaceuticals industries, Medical colleges, and Hospitals. Numerous Occupational Health Specialist job includes jobs in governmental organizations too as they are keen on providing awareness to the society for the well-being of common people residing in Africa.
Texila American University is among the paramount Universities in Africa providing courses related to Public Health and their safety along with others. Various important aspects of public health including Occupational Health are covered as a part of bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. degrees. It helps in entailing students in government and private industries.
It helps in deliberating good skills over public health. We are engaged with the best faculties, infrastructure, and highly developed practical knowledge to our students in providing a career in Occupational Public Health and Safety sector.
Day by day with dedicated faculties and determined students we are achieving milestones as the most trusted professionals offering public health degrees with more than 6000 students and alumni. Here awaits a prominent opportunity for the greater minds to apply for a public health degree with Texila American University and get enrolled for our BPH, MPH, or Ph.D. in public health programs.