Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
The Covid-19 impact stresses the need for transforming public health systems to ensure health equity and the capability to recover quickly. Strengthening existing models, streamlining funds, creating a shared value proposition, and facilitating seamless data sharing across sectors and health equity are the need of the hour. The MPH program is an intermediate degree in public health and lets you specialize in community health, environmental health, social and behavioral science, occupational health, epidemiology, etc. It enables you to work in healthcare settings, administration, government agencies, community practice, etc. Public health programs have diverse applications and attract students from various streams. TAU has well-qualified faculty and a sophisticated learning management system with excellent student-faculty interaction.
- Public health post COVID-19
- Five strategies for transforming public health systems
- Strengthening existing models:
- Shared value proposition:
- Public health funding:
- Data sharing:
- Ensuring Health equity:
- Scope of a career in public health:
- Are you eager to be at the forefront of the rapidly evolving field of public health?
- Benefits of pursuing with TAU:
- Program Structure:
- Career Opportunities:
- Further Education Opportunities:
- Highlights of public health programs at Texila:
- Key Takeaways:
Do you want to:
- assess and improve the health of your community
- prevent and treat epidemics
- be a transformative leader in a dynamic field that touches the lives of people at a global level
Then consider pursuing a Master’s in Public Health program with Texila American University for a productive career in public health. It is an intermediate degree program. You can opt to specialize in Community Health, Environmental Health, Social and Behavioural Science, Occupational Health, Epidemiology, Maternal & Child Health, Public Health Administration & Policy, Biostatistics & Informatics, Global Health or Nutrition.
Public health is multi-dimensional and focuses on the welfare of global populations. Get to work in varied areas at local, national, and international levels. It deals with promoting and educating people on well-being, working to eliminate health threats and epidemics, improving quality of life, and designing and implementing transformational policies.
Public health post COVID-19
The COVID-19 virus continues to mutate with no end in sight. It has caused 5.6 million deaths. Even with the availability of Covid 19 vaccines, more than half of the world population is yet to be vaccinated. The pandemic had a significant impact on the global health sector.
Five strategies for transforming public health systems
Post COVID-19, the need for ensuring health equity has increased as it severely affected the minority and the disadvantaged, and those with severe alcohol and drug addictions. Hence the public health systems need to be transformed to meet the needs of each individual to ensure equality with the capability to recover quickly.
Studies suggest that the following strategies can transform public health systems:
Strengthening existing models:
Public health systems need to collaborate with private and non-profit organizations to oversee, guide, and nurture relationships and build a network of cross-industry partners to improve the processes and strengthen infrastructures.
Shared value proposition:
Maintaining a transparent approach to practicing and evaluating best public health graduate programs initiatives improves cross-sector investment and enhances shared value. Public health leaders should discuss the benefits, disadvantages, risks, costs involved, and future goals of the projects. Include members of the community in the decision-making process related to public health initiatives from the beginning. Communication plays an important role in defining shared values and building trust.
Public health funding:
It’s important to streamline government, private funding, social investments, and Environment Social and Governance (ESG) investments. Public health leaders should focus on using the existing and untapped resources and motivating investments with respect to prevention, health promotion, and wellness activities. Also, make use of next-generation financial investment models to promote health.
Public health data systems should facilitate real-time data sharing across all sectors to meet public health concerns. The data collection activities should be country-centered, involving regional, municipal organizations, traditional, non-traditional, and self-reported data. Improve the network to enable real-time sharing of collected data, utilize existing research tools and extend the reach of existing resources by integrating automated technologies.
Ensuring Health equity:
Incorporate health equity measures into public health initiatives and close the opportunity gap and ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in all aspects of the workforce. Public health leaders can include and delegate community partners to lead the change. Developing guidelines for health equity metrics and advocating policies to ensure equity is vital.
Scope of a career in public health:
- A Master’s of public health course enables you to work in healthcare settings, administration, government agencies, community practice, health foundations, and private organizations.
- Opportunities to get into academics or research.
- Specialize in health care administration, devising policies, and epidemiology.
- BLS reports forecast a 16% increase in healthcare jobs and a 12% increase in community and social service jobs in the coming decade.
- With increasing demand, the field offers job security and lucrative career prospects.
- Experience meaningful, rewarding work, and make a positive impact in society with a global presence.
- Personal and professional development.
- Get to work on several things and experience diversity in the nature of work.
- Discover opportunities to work in any country worldwide.
Are you eager to be at the forefront of the rapidly evolving field of public health?
From creating awareness to combating global health threats, evolve as problem solvers in community and global health. You can pursue the Master of Public Health course part-time or online, depending on your convenience. Our programs equip and empower you to develop innovative solutions to complicated health challenges, chronic and infectious diseases, etc.
Benefits of pursuing with TAU:
- Texila is the TIER 1 private university providing and sustaining exceptional standards in imparting healthcare education.
- Online BPH and MPH degrees have global recognition.
- Affordable fee structure with flexible payment plans (Pay Monthly)
- Online programs have flexible schedules with excellent faculty and mentor support for continuous academic experience.
- Access to up-to-date learning resources, e-Journals, and academic tools for a successful dissertation.
The duration of MPH programs at Texila is two years, and students with the following qualification are eligible to join the program.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or Health-Related Professions Such as Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Environmental Health, and Bio-Medical Sciences
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or Health-Related Professions Such as Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Environmental Health, and Bio-Medical Sciences.
|Introduction to Public Health Practice||4|
|Capstone Project I||2|
|Public Health Policy||4|
|Social and Behavioural Health||4|
|Capstone Project II||2|
|Public Health Nutrition||4|
|Global health and Disaster Management||4|
A Master’s in Public Health degree enables you to work as:
- Public Health Specialist
- Public Health Intelligence
- Health Partnership Programme Manager
- Health Promotion Campaign Manager
- Health Data Analyst
- Project Coordinator
- Public Health Advisor
- Health Protection Specialist
- Public Health Screening Coordinator
- Vascular Prevention Programme Coordinator
- Health Improvement Practitioner
- Public Health Specialist
- Lecturer in Public Health
Further Education Opportunities:
Once you complete a master of public health course, you can further pursue Ph.D. in public health or DrPH to gain additional academic knowledge and a unique advantage in the competitive environment.
Highlights of public health programs at Texila:
- Best Public Health Graduate Programs have diverse applications and attract students from varied streams. Doctors, sociologists, allied health professionals, lawyers, social workers, healthcare workers, and management professionals pursue the online master’s in public health program with TAU.
- Faculty members at TAU have rich educational and hands-on teaching experience and are working to find innovative solutions to critical issues impacting public health.
- We strive to provide our students a broader perspective of public health with webinars on emerging public health challenges, presentations, and talks by experts in the field on several subjects.
- We encourage excellent student-faculty interaction through the learning management system throughout the study duration.
- MPH programs are delivered via a sophisticated learning management system and adhere to a trimester pattern.
- We facilitate students to study and work simultaneously.
- Enhance your skillsets with a hands-on approach to leadership and soft skills.
- Case studies, book and article reviews enable you to develop knowledge and learning ability.
- Capstone projects and research work gives you real-time exposure.
An MPH degree is a perfect choice if you have the desire to help people, work in healthcare or allied fields, or looking for career growth. It lets you work in health education, health promotion, epidemiology, community health, environmental health, etc., as policymakers, project leaders, project coordinators, and many more. You will be working to improve the welfare of people and communities by focusing on the following areas.
- Healthcare disparities
- Social separation
- Trauma and violence
- Abuse, drug abuse, molestation, etc.
- Food security
- Ecological health
- Diseases and health-threats
Get set to lead in transformational roles in the dynamic and challenging field of public health!