Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
The information technology industry employs nearly 6 million individuals across a range of industries, from technology to healthcare, finance and education. As an occupational field, information technology is projected to be one of the fastest growing industries, collectively producing over 50 percent additional job openings between 2012 and 2022. IT sector employs more than 5.7 million workers in both technical and non-technical occupations.
Today, a large percentage of the population is familiar with the computer technologies. For the past decade, IT sector has seen a growing demand for the requirements in filling the Job Opportunities. Information Technology programs fall within the spectrum of Computer Science and Business. With the rapidly changing fields with strong demand, it covers a broad range of job opportunities, apart from coding.
If you decide to acquire degrees in computer science, programming or software, you will have a good chance of succeeding. Trends have shown that this field is constantly expanding. These days, it’s a good idea to get involved with new-age computer hardware, software and the Internet.
Demand for software developers will be the strongest in this period, with increases ranging from 28% to 32%, depending on the type of software development. Demand for database administrators and IT managers are expected to increase by 31%, with 55,800 jobs being added this decade as enterprises endeavor to cull valuable information from an ever-growing mountain of data.
Here’s a look at the projections and career Prospects for various tech jobs:
- Database administrators: Demand for database administrators is expected to increase by 31%, with 33,900 jobs being added.
- IT managers: For IT managers, employment is projected to increase by 55,800 jobs, or 18%, to 363,700jos by 2020.
- Help Desk or Technical Support: The healthcare industry’s growth and its shift to electronic records will demand for more computer support specialists, a job category that includes help desk personnel. From 607,000 people employed in computer support in 2010, the number is expected to grow to 717,000 by 2020.
- Systems analysts: It is expected to grow by 22% through 2020, due to the widespread to the spread of mobile networks and the expanded use of computerized healthcare tools.
- Software developers: The bureau forecasts that the number of software development jobs will increase by 30%, or 270,900, through 2020.
……. The list goes on!
These facts and figures are evident enough to prove the growth of the IT jobs in the upcoming years. There are handful opportunities for talented IT professionals across a range of exciting and innovative disciplines.
Pursuing a degree in Information Technology (IT) or Computer Science is a great idea for your future career. According to U.S. News & World Report, six of the 25 Best Jobs for the next decade are in the technology field.
Range of Information Technology Programs at Texila
- Bachelors in Information Technology (2 years)
- Masters in Information Technology (2 years)
- Masters in Computer Science (2 years)
- PhD in Information Technology (3 years)
- PhD in Computer Science (3 years)
So, what are You Waiting for?
(Source: IT Industry Outlook)
(Source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics)