A Bachelor of Science in nursing is highly recommended to excel in the nursing profession. However, the first step in the process of growing ahead in the nursing career is choosing the best among the universities offering degree in nursing in Zambia.
Being one of the noblest professions with high demand, people prefer to choose nursing as their career. In the emerging economy like Zambia, the role of the qualified nurses becomes key to enhancing and strengthening the country’s healthcare system.
The Ministry of Health, Zambia has taken plenty of measures to ramp up the healthcare sector. Strengthening the healthcare workforce is one of the measures that include increasing the number of nurses before 2030. The demand, scope, need, and opportunities for nurses in Zambia is wide.
Why Should You Pursue a Bachelor of Science in Nursing in Zambia?
Demand for Nurses in Zambia
As of a 2018 report, there is a shortage of 20,000 nurses in Zambia. And the Ministry of Health, Zambia, has announced that they have to recruit around 30,000 nurses by 2020 to meet the shortage. Zambia has faced so many disease outbreaks in history. Every time, it is proved that the services of health professionals are seamless, and their need is inevitable.
Therefore, the demand for nurses will not diminish until human life exists in the world. There is a huge demand.
Typically, the salary of health professionals is high compared with the other profession. Since the nurses are in high demand and their service is seamless, their salary is equally high that of doctors. In Zambia, a nurse can earn up to 11,200 ZMW that solely depends on your qualification, designation, and experience.
Potential Career Growth
The aging and growing population envision excellent job growth. And the industry is growing faster than ever before.
Job security is one of the key benefits of the nursing profession. Without nurses, no hospitals can function. Since there is a huge demand for nurses in Zambia, your job is secured. If you are fully qualified for your role, you do not have to worry about losing your job in the sector.
Being one of the high-value and best-paying professions in Zambia, nurses enjoy better job satisfaction in terms of salary and work nature.
Nursing is a highly potential profession that has greater importance not only in Zambia but also across the world. Upon satisfying the educational qualification and clearing licensure examination of the respective country, you are eligible to practice nursing abroad.
Best Universities Offering Degree in Nursing in Zambia
There are many universities offering a bachelor’s degree in nursing in Zambia. Here is a list of universities in larger cities of Zambia:
|No.||Best Nursing Schools in Zambia||City||Sector|
|1||University of Zambia||Lusaka||Public|
|2||University of Lusaka||Lusaka||Private|
|4||Texila American University||Lusaka||Private|
|7||Lusaka Apex Medical University||Lusaka||Private|
|10||Livingstone International University||Lusaka||Private|
Source: Free Apply
How to Choose Between the Best Nursing Schools in Zambia
Among the listed universities offering degree in nursing in Zambia, you can choose one that suits your requirement. However, there are certain things you need to consider before enrolling in a bachelor of science in nursing. The following are a few qualities of the best nursing schools in Zambia that you need to ensure before joining a nursing course.
- Approval and Accreditation – Ensure whether the university is approved and accredited.
- Curriculum Standards – Confirm whether the schools follow a standard curriculum.
- Infrastructure and Lab Facilities – Check whether they have proper infrastructure and lab facilities to offer you the quality education and necessary training to learn nursing skills efficiently.
- Qualified Faculty–Make sure whether the university has qualified faculty.
- Pass Rates – Look for student pass rates of the university.
- Rank – Get to know the rank that positions in any of the authorized body.
- Fees– As nursing is a professional degree, the tuition fees would be high. However, you can compare the fee structure between universities offering degree in nursing in Zambia.
Besides, you should also look for a nursing degree in Zambia with flexible payment options for students to pay their tuition fees.Certain best nursing schools in Zambia like Texila American University (TAU) provide students with the option to pay their tuition fees in installments, which will lessen your burden of paying a wholesome at a stretch. Therefore, you should also consider this a key factor in choosing a school for your nursing degree in Zambia.
Why Should You Choose Texila American University for Your Nursing Degree in Zambia?
Located in the heart of the Lusaka city, TAU is one of the universities offering degree in nursing in Zambia and envisioned transforming the lives of students through quality education. TAU offers a wide range of medical courses, allied health science degrees, and part-time courses. Founded in 2016, this seamless university is providing quality education to its students and striving for excellence.
TAU has gained prominence among Zambian students for its excellence. One should consider TAU as it:
- is approved by the Higher Education Authority and General Nursing Council of Zambia;
- follows an international standard curriculum that can equip you the knowledge and skills required to excel in the nursing profession;
- has a world-class infrastructure with well-equipped laboratories to provide nursing students the hands-on training;
- employs highly qualified faculty;
In alignment with Zambia’s vision of becoming a “Healthy Nation by 2030,” TAU is in the mission to make health professionals by providing world-class degrees. Thus, TAU would be the right choice to pursue your nursing degree in Zambia.
Upon completing your bachelor of science in nursing at TAU, you will enter the professional world of nursing with:
- Improved nursing skills required to deliver nursing care with perfection
- Higher proficiency at diagnoses and evaluating nursing interventions
- Ability to be successful at licensure exams
- Enhanced professional integration
If you aspire to take up nursing as your career, a bachelor of science in nursing is a milestone that can help you explore opportunities in the sector and further your career ahead. Make your choice wisely and have a successful career in the nursing sector. All the best!