Mr. Cheepa Habeenzu
Bachelor of Public Health program
TAU Bachelor of Public health aids students with the skills, knowledge, and abilities to excel in the sector. Moreover, it enables public health aspirants to improve the quality of life and health in their communities. With an advanced course curriculum, our BPH degree will take learner’s career to the next level.
The TAU Bachelor of Public Health is a 4 years’ intensive public health programme for students wishing to enter the College of Public Health. It provides a unique blend of global public health subjects and professional capacity development topics in research and project management. The programme blends theoretical modules and practical public health experience. It also prepares students for the advanced Master of Public Health programme.
* Certificate (6 months) + Diploma (1.5 Years) in relevant specialization from recognized university with 3 years of work experience in relevant sector (accepted case to case)
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|Year I- Sem-1|
|BPH1115||Anatomy and Physiology||20|
|Year I- Sem-2|
|BPH1116||Principles Of Public Health||20|
|BPH1317||Public Health, Health Promotion and Education||20|
|BPH1118||Law and ethics in public health practice||20|
|Year 2- Sem-1|
|BPH2111||Public Health Policy and Practice||16|
|BPH2112||Basics of Biostatistics||22|
|BPH2113||Principles of Epidemiology||22|
|Year 2- Sem-2|
|BPH2114||Basics of Social and Behavioral Health||18|
|BPH2115||Health systems research||22|
|BPH2116||Public Health Informatics: Information systems & Management||20|
|Year 3- Sem-1|
|BPH3111||Health and Disease||18|
|BPH3112||Health systems research||24|
|BPH3113||Public Health Informatics: Information systems & Management||18|
|Year 3- Sem-2|
|BPH3114||Food Technology, Nutrition and Heath||22|
|BPH3115||Water supply and sanitation management||22|
|Year 4- Sem-1|
|BPH4111||Family Health & Demography||16|
|BPH4112||Maternal and Child Health||22|
|BPH4113||Health Management & Health Resource Development||22|
|Year 4- Sem-2|
|BPH4114||Health Economics and Health Care Finance||20|
On successful completion of Bachelor of Public Health programme, graduates are expected to have gained the technical and professional knowledge and interpersonal skills necessary to work as competent professionals. The skills gained in the program will enable them to pursue a range of careers related to public health in Zambia and abroad.
1. Selected themes and issues in public health
2. Factors that influence health and well being
3. Research methods used in public health
4. Theoretical understanding of public health and related fields
1. Apply theory in the assessment of public health policy interventions and developments
2. Develop an understanding of, summaries and synthesize materials from a range of sources to analyze issues in health
3. Identify, synthesize and evaluate relevant primary and secondary data sources
4. Recognize e the diversity of perspectives under pinning public health
5. Reflect on personal knowledge and develop strategies to enhance learning; and
6. Critically appraise research under taken in public health.
1. Independent learning
2. Problem solving skills
3. Data collection and research skills
4. Evaluation and analytical skills
5. Locate and retrieve information from a variety of courses
1. Convey ideas in an appropriate written and /or oral format, including where appropriate, presenting this information.
2. Communicate effectively (in writing and verbally);
3. The ability to select and utilize appropriate computer software
4. Set goals and plan a program of work
5. Develop personal learning style
6. Work independently
7. Sensitivity to the values and interests of others
Please provide details below and we will mail you the details for Tuition Fees and Scholarship along with a copy of the brochure.
Please provide details below and we will mail you the details for Tuition Fees and Scholarships.
Texila American University is the best private university that offers quality higher education in the public health domain. Our degrees are respected and recognized worldwide, and we offer affordable costs and excellent support services for international students as well.
Many opportunities exist in the expansive field of Public Health nationally and globally.
At Texila, we take pride in providing quality higher education backed by experienced, international faculty and world-class support.
We understand that academic resources are a key aspect to succeeding in your doctoral program, and keeping this is mind, we ensure that our online resources are always up to date and of the highest quality.
Mr. Cheepa Habeenzu
Bachelor of Public Health program
One of the greatest strengths of public health is that it is based on many sciences and its students and practitioners come from a variety of backgrounds. At TAU Z, you will study with doctors, nurses, social workers, and many others. When you join us, an exciting mix of students will enrich every one of your public health courses.
Our faculty members bring rich educational backgrounds and field experiences to their teaching and mentoring roles. All of them have been trained at excellent institutions, and each of them is actively involved in cutting-edge research on critical public health problems.
There are many public health options for you to consider. But graduate studies are not limited to a series of courses and requirements. At TAU Z, we believe that our students should have opportunities to explore public health from every angle. We have a webinar series in contemporary public health issues, which features state-of-the-art presentations by experts in important and emerging topics.
Faculties are there to support students through their MPH journey to discuss academic issues. Students will also have an opportunity to interact more closely with faculty through their Learning Management System platform
It is strongly recommended that students hold a bachelor's or higher degree in health sciences, life sciences, social sciences.
Nutrition Consultant, Social and Behavioral Health Marketer, Bio-statistician, Community outreach advocate in an inner-city HIV/AIDS clinic, Corporate health promotion department Health officer, Occupational health and safety specialist, Environmental health specialist, Public health educator, Public health information officer Public health analyst, Public health policy coordinator, Global health professional, Research analyst, Health policy adviser, Epidemiologist, Community health worker
MPH Program is delivered through our Online Learning Management System platform and TAU Z follows Trimester Pattern
1. TAU Z delivers the program through its Learning Management system and encourage students to complete assessments & lectures via online without any residency classes 2. Pedagogy meets with current dieases making our students Ready from Day 1. 3. Our Infrastructure is at par with the best in Zambia 4. TAU Z has attracted international students & Faculty within SADC regions giving you a truly International Experience
1. Earn While You Learn – Students get an opportunity to contribute to the school and earn in the process. 2. Students get hands on business, Leadership, Organisation and entrepreneurial experience 3. Helps students to implement the best decisions in critical business situations. 4. The students will be able to foster sound fiscal practices through analysis of financial statements and establishment of accounting procedures to ensure effective managerial decision making. 5. Case studies, Book reviews and Article reviews help the students to develop their learning ability by enhancing their knowledge. 6. Capstone projects and Research work would enhance the student’s knowledge regarding the real time scenarios of business across the globe