We understand that a safe and secure environment plays a major role in the life of a student, especially when you are staying a foreign environment. Fortunately, TAU offers secure, comfortable, and affordable accommodation. Students are free to choose their own accommodation and transportation; however, we strongly urge students to choose TAU’s campus managed hostels. Foreign students can avail a complimentary 6 month stay in the hostel. For more details, contact our Student Counsellors.
- Shared bedrooms (You can choose between two sharing and three sharing rooms)
- Communal kitchen (equipped with gas stove and fridge)
- Communal study room (equipped with a study table)
- Communal laundry facilities
- Housekeeping staff (for cleaning the bedrooms, and surroundings)
- Daytime Caretaker / Night-time security personnel
- Rooms are furnished with a bed, mattress, fan, inbuilt wardrobe, and chair
- 24/7 security guaranteed
- Safe, clean and well-maintained environment
- Noise free and conducive environment for studying
- Gender specific accommodation
TAU-Zambia hosts students from all over the world and we understand that food habits differ across cultures and people. We respect your differences and offer you the convenience of preparing your own meals. The campus does not contain an in-house cafeteria.
- Smoking and intoxication are strictly prohibited in hostel premises
- Playing loud music, screaming, disturbing fellow mates, will lead to expulsion from the hostel without any refund
- Night pass can be availed strictly on the written prior permission of the Registrar of the university
- The hostel can be vacated by a hosteller only with the proper permission of the university
Accommodation for Parents and Relatives
Currently, the university does not provide any accommodation for parents or relatives, however, we are happy to recommend close proximity alternatives for parents such as hotels and lodges at their own expense.